Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Sex, Drugs and Fresh Spring Rolls"


"Another groundbreaking new study has uncovered the risks Chinese students staying in Canadian households hoping to get a better education, and learn English, are facing. As the catchy tagline states, "Asian homestay students are at risk of sex, drugs, abuse." This illuminating conclusion was jumped to, when an individual who had been housing and feeding one of said exchange students, noticed she was participating in (gasp) pre-marital sex at the tender age of 17. Though the minor student was staying in her household, this individual did not feel that "Putting meals on the table and supplying a warm bed entitled -- or even permitted-- the Vancouver woman to take the teen under her wing." I wonder if my mom sent me to live with a family who was unconcerned about how much time I spent with members of the opposite sex in my bedroom with strange, fragrant smoke billowing from out the door, whether I would take advantage of that? Suffice it to say I would be a cracked out hooker by now. Really though, unamed Vancouver woman, really?"

No comments:

Post a Comment